Monday, November 21, 2011

Inspired by: Japanese Nail Art

Hi everyone!

Kline here today to share with you a random inspiration I picked up from my recent trip to Japan. My friends and I were in Tokyo station when I noticed the lady in front of me wearing these chunky nail art. After closer observation I noticed there were actually Swarovski stones and resin rosettes in there. Kinda like these:
Japanese Nail Art
The ones I saw were longer than these and while I couldn't imagine wearing one of anytime soon, I found these to be really cute. Fast forward a month after and I was making a mini album with two photos that I envisioned would be framed by a diecut. I painted the diecuts silver (I would have painted them white but didn't have it at the time) and then I thought, "So how do I go about embellishing this?"  That's when I was reminded of that pretty nail art I'd seen at the station and I thought, "I guess that could work..." So I took out random small embellishments in shades of pink and lavender and here's what came out:



I've always been one for clustering and I loved how these frames turned out!

Now the challenge for you is to find inspiration in the most obscure things. I believe God gave us eyes not only to see but appreciate beauty as well. Mine came in the form of nail art, how about yours? Try to look at the things around you in a new light and who knows, you just might get the perfect addition to that project you're cooking up for Challenge#10 which is due on the 25th!

8 comments:

Jeannine said...

That is gorgeous, Kline! I love all the attention to detail. :)

Sherri said...

Creatively clever Kline. You've created such a soft and feminine page. Those acrylic nails are like nothing I've ever seen before. I imagine they'd be pretty hard to work with too.

Rita Barakat said...

Beautiful post and layout!!!I love all those flowers framing the picture! Gorgeous!

Kline said...

@Jeanine& Rita: Thank you :)

@Sherri: I know right? I can't even imagine holding things with those on without worrying if some stuff falls off. haha

CarrieB said...

Ahhh! What a cool challenge!! If only I could get all my kids healthy at one time so my nights would return to mine again - although rocking feverish babies has it's own strange benefits - I could participate!!!!

JLP said...

Beautiful!!! That is incredible! Thank you Tokyo and Kline!

LG said...

Thanks for leaving sweet comments in my blog. Your work is amazing!

glorygirl said...

Those frames are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!