Monday, October 31, 2011

Guest Designers for November....

I get the awesome pleasure of announcing our guest designers for November... that is right designerS not just one but two!
First we have Sherri... she has been a huge support to SEM since it first started so we are so blessed to have her this month... she is super talented... I cant wait to share some of my favorite work of hers with you!  We asked her to answer a couple of questions...



Where are you from?
I was born, raised, and still reside in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Can you share just one of God's everyday miracles in your life?I never take for granted the amazing women I have in my life. Loving, strong, Godly women who allow me to glean their wisdom, cheer me on, and pray with, and for me as we walk together through this journey called life.

When did you start scrapbooking and what brought you into it?
I started scrapping around 2006, after the birth of my third daughter.

What is your favorite thing about this craft?
To me it's an extension of the words in Deuteronomy 6:4-8 to remember the commands of the Lord. This is a fun and creative way to preserve the memories, blessings, and lessons of our family.

What 3 items do you reach for most often?
Border punches, ribbon, and sewing machine

What is your favorite cereal?
I'm not really a cereal person, but every once in awhile I can be found sneaking a bowl of my girls' Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

What is your favorite bible verse?
One of my favorites is Ephesians 3:20
 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” To know that no matter how grand a dream we could dream for ourselves, God wants to bless us beyond even that, is so exciting to me as I consider my role as a mother, friend, and servant of His.

Is there someone in your family you think is following you creatively?
All three of my girls enjoy scrapping from time to time, but my nine year old loves most to join me in my room, scrapping, and card making. She even loves to take pictures of her projects, just as she sees me doing.

Besides scrapbooking, what do you enjoy doing?
I lead a small group, participate in an Adult Competitive Tap Class, enjoy working out, watching football, going to movies, and having coffee with friends.

If you could have any super power what would it be?
I'd have to say being as quick as Dash from The Incredibles. That way I could pretty much be in two places at once. It would really help out when hubby is out of town and the kids need to be in different places at the same time.

Where is your favorite place in the world?
The breath taking beach front in Turks & Caicos, snuggled up with hubby in front of the fireplace on a cold winter night, anywhere else my family is.
What are 3 things you would like to do someday?
Take the girls to Dinsey World, take a helicopter ride over the Hawaiian islands, see Celine Dion perform in Vegas.

What is one silly fact about you?
I always carry a tiny can of room deodorizer in my purse. You just never know when you're going to have to use a public bathroom after someone's already used it to their full advantage.

Who are some people who inspire you?
On a scrappy level: Christine Middlecamp, Sasha Farina, Elizabeth Carney, and Marcy Penner. On a personal level: Cathy Dyck, Linda Unruh, Val Stade, and Beth Moore.

Do you have a blog?


Next we have Karen.... Karen is also amazing.  I love all the colors and fun she has with her layouts and projects.  We are very blessed to have her this month!
Here are her answers to our questions...



Where are you from?
I live in a semi-rural area in south-east Queensland, Australia.  


Can you share just one of God's everyday miracles in your life?
I'm blessed in so many ways.  Something that's very special to me is waking up every day to the sound of kookaburras and magpies, and seeing the occasional kangaroo in my garden.

When did you start scrapbooking and what brought you into it?
I've been making albums and decorating journals with memorabilia since I was a kid, but I first started 12x12 scrapbooking in 2004 or 2005 when I needed an album for some special photographs.  I discovered a scrapbooking store with more papers than I ever imagined - "real" 12x12 scrapbooking products!  I sought out an online forum to find out more... and I've been out of control ever since!

What is your favorite thing about this craft?
I love everything - for me it ticks all the boxes.  It's a way to preserve my photographs and memories in a meaningful way; a creative outlet; it's tactile and fun; there's no rules!  I've been so fortunate to meet some wonderful people through scrapbooking, both online and in real life, who have become very dear friends.

What 3 items do you reach for most often?
Besides photographs?  My big-and-noisy guillotine, patterned paper, and double sided tape.

What is your favorite cereal?
Natural muesli with almonds and coconut.

What is your favorite bible verse?
Psalm 118:24  This the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

(I remember learning to sing this in Sunday school - and we also learnt to sing it in New Guinean Pidgin English!)

Is there someone in your family you think is following you creatively?
My daughter Jasmine - she loves scrapbooking, and she's getting pretty good at sewing too.

Besides scrapbooking, what do you enjoy doing?
I love sewing, reading, camping and hiking.  I also love yoga and Body Balance, and hanging out with my family and friends.
If you could have any super power what would it be?
My daughter lives life on the autism spectrum, and sometimes I wish I could read minds - so I could understand what she's thinking.

Where is your favorite place in the world?
Chalkie's Beach - Haslewood Island, in the Whitsundays.What are 3 things you would like to do someday?
Swim with a dolphin, visit Italy, become a grandmotherWhat is one silly fact about you?
Every time I visit a new place, I always seek out the secondhand bookstore!

Who are some people who inspire you?
My family and my friends - they inspire me to keep growing and changing and becoming the best "me" I can be :)

Do you have a blog?
Yes!  I'd love you to visit me at http://beingkaren.blogspot.com
Both ladies have created beautiful projects for our November challenge so make sure that you come back on October 7th to check out the challenge and all of the designers layouts!  Thank you ladies for your support and for sharing your talent with us!  

5 comments:

LG said...

Congrats Sherri! Your work is amazing!

Roulien said...

Congrats, Ladies!! We are excited to have you!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Congrats Ladies! It is fun getting to know a bit about you. Looking forward to your creations! A special shout out to Sherri. WTG girl... you rock!

Pam said...

HUge Congrats Sherri!!! So much fun reading more about you:) You will be an amazing guest designer!
xo

teacher jessy said...

Congrats to my sweet friend, Sherri! Love reading about you :)