Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Capturing Everyday Miracles Photo Challenge

Hello, this is Jeannine bringing you today’s photo challenge! 

Anyone who knows me at all knows that I am a bunny lover to the core.  I love all animals really but bunnies hold a very special place in my heart.  The pictures I’m sharing with you today are of my current bunny, Chloe.  We got her from a small animal rescue facility a year ago this coming Sunday.  The facility takes some of their small animals to a pet store not far from our house.  They do that to give the animals more exposure so it gives them a better chance of finding a home for them.

On September 11, 2010 my husband and I went to the pet store where the small animal rescue organization had one bunny up for adoption.  (They had about 40 bunnies back at the facility but they only had one at the pet store.)  I’d just lost my bunny, Mylo, to illness just 10 days prior to this so I didn’t really want to get another one just yet.  I just wanted to look at the bunnies because I missed Mylo so much.  (Mylo was the best bunny ever, if you ask me.  He was the most affectionate little animal you could imagine!  He loved to give me tons of bunny kisses and he absolutely adored me and I adored him too.  I was absolutely devastated  when we had to put him to sleep because there was nothing more the doctor could do for him.)  The moment I saw Choe, I knew I had to have her.  I asked the worker if I could hold her and when he placed her in my arms, it was love at first sight!  (On my part, not hers!  lol)  The sign on the cage said she loves to snuggle and that was true!  She snuggled up with me immediately and it won my heart over that instant.

We ended up meeting with the lady from the small animal rescue organization and we had a chance to hold Chloe some more and watch her run around and interact with everyone before making our decision.  She’s incredibly soft and she just felt like a perfect fit for me.  It didn’t take me long to decide!

It took several months for her to really warm up to me enough to feel like she was bonding and she’s not affectionate like Mylo was, but she is affectionate in her own way.  As I said, she loves to snuggle more than anything and can never get too much attention.  The more you pet her the happier she’ll be!  I always tell people that whatever she lacks in affection she makes up for in silliness because this little animal makes me laugh like no other.  She’s so cute I can hardly stand it!

I took these photos recently when we were out on our deck and I had her in her playpen, which was covered by the gazebo so I didn’t have to worry about any big birds swooping down and taking her away from me!  She really enjoyed our time out on the deck.  Her little nose couldn’t sniff enough!!  She just kept looking around, being the very curious bunny that she is, and just explored every inch of her space on the deck.  I grabbed my camera to see if I could get some good pictures of her to scrap (which I plan on doing!) and got a few good ones.  The ones I’m posting today are my personal favorites so far.

Chloe is a handful, don’t let her big brown eyes fool you!  She’s Miss Attitude and doesn’t think twice about showing her attitude either.  I don’t care though.  For me it just makes her that much more endearing!  We snuggle every night for at least 2 hours after everyone else in our house has gone to bed.  Something she does that cracks me up so much is that she'll fall asleep in my lap in the funniest positions and then she'll have bunny dreams, apparently, because she'll start twitching like dogs do when they sleep.  It's hilarious!

One of my favorite things that bunnies do is they flop on their side when they're content.  When Chloe flops, she kind of rolls around and squirms on her back like a dog does when it's trying to scratch its back and the look on her face is so funny it makes me laugh!  I'm telling you, it never gets old!!

Mylo will always have a very special place in my heart but I must admit, Chloe has her own very special place in my heart too. She makes me laugh every day and I'm so thankful that we found her that day at the pet shop.  She’s absolutely adorable and I treasure every day I get to spend with her.






6 comments:

Laure said...

Thank you Jeannine for sharing your story ! Chloe is absolutely cute and I am happy that she's such a blessing for you :-)

Leigh said...

What a sweet story and sweet photos, too! She's beautiful!

Lolô Artesanato said...

The Chloe is very cute!
Tks for sharing this lovely story Dear
xx
Leila

Nicole Brenna said...

Ah... What's up Doc?

Nicole Brenna said...

Okay I couldnt help it... Chloe is just wonderful... and I cant wait to see more layouts featuring that cute bunny.... Thanks for sharing Jeannine....

Lisa H said...

she's a cutie!!