Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Praise Post!

Good morning . . . Roulien here this morning to share some praise with you! I want to continue on the same theme as our Challenge #6 which is all about friends/friendships that go the distance!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)

Very recently I've received some news that really rocked me to my core! I was left feeling very angry, hurt and so terribly dissapointed! But in this time God showed me what wonderful friends he has blessed me with! Yes, true friends are a blessing! True friends are God's love in action! One incident between myself & my friends will forever be with me! The 3 of us were standing in Mari's kitchen busy making tea, I just told Mari what has happend in my life and how it made me feel! I was trying really hard to be composed, but Mari started crying which set me off and then Hydie joint us in the waterworks! Here were are . . . standing in the kitchen . . . crying and comforting each other all at once! Even though we were crying I could FEEL the love from these woman!  No judgement . . . just love and acceptance! I knew that the sorrow they felt on my behalf was genuine and real!!  God used this picture of the three of us to show me His love . . . showing me that even in this painful time in my life He is there for me through this wonderful ladies!!

Friendship is a blessing . . .
Friendship is everlasting . . .
Friendship is courage . . .

And I thank God for having such friends in my life! Here is a photo of the three of us from the page of the little mini album I've made to celebrate the wonderful friendships in my life. I feel so blessed and grateful to have this ladies in my life!












We would love for you to celebrate your friends/friendship with us here! Tell us about the friends in you life that means the world to you!
Have a wonderful day!!


5 comments:

Laure said...

How much I understand you !
Yesterday I was talking on the phone with one of my best friends ever, and we've been able to share about our lives, our prayers, how much we're encouraged or not... She lives far from me and I wish I could share that much with somebody close to me, as I miss her so much !!
It's a beautiful blessing to have real friends :-)

Roulien said...

Laure . . . I know how hard it is when your friends are far from you. Last year our family moved to South Korea, and I found it very hard to make friend there. It was a very lonely time for me . . . but through e-mails and skype I were able to keep in touch with my friends here in Saudi Arabia and in South Africa. It's HARD not to be able to be close to your friends. I pray that you will find someone close to you to connect with on such a deep level!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!
Hugs!

Sherri said...

What a touching post Roulien. I totally agree that the love of a good friend is truly God's love in action for us.

Jeannine said...

Roulien, what a moving post. I love the mini album you made featuring your dear friends too. What a tremendous blessing!

Lisa H said...

Praise God for good friends to share our burdens with! Thank you for sharing with us Roulien.