Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Praise Post

Hello, Lisa here. I have a big praise because I get to travel down to southern California this weekend to meet my new little nephew who is now one month old and attend his belated baby shower. Not only do we have the standard joy and appreciation of having a new baby in the family, we are extra thankful because we weren't sure that little Nolan was going to be carried to full term. My poor sister-in-law was in the hospital on bedrest for 11 weeks because she was having premature contractions. We were all praying hard that Nolan would stay put! He did and she was able to go home for the last few weeks of her pregnancy and he was born a happy, healthy, (big) boy.

The other part of the praise is that my wonderful, fabulous husband is staying home with our two boys so I can have a little get away and take a much needed break. I don't even have to drive because I'm going down with my parents. Ahhh…

6 comments:

Regan said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations and have a safe and fun trip!

Jeannine said...

Aww, what a fun trip for you! Enjoy the time with your family, Lisa. You need the rest and what a fun way to get it!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip and meeting the newest member of your family!! Make the most of your break Lisa . . . your deserve it, girl!!! Hugs Roulien

Sherri said...

Have a wonderful time with your sister and her new little one. You are blessed indeed with a hubby that is willing to man the ship so you can get away, relax, and recharge :)

JLP said...

That is wonderful! So happy for you! And do not forget while you are in Southern California, to stop off for your In and Out Burger. :) Have fun!

Lisa H said...

I'm back! It was a wonderful weekend. My little nephew is SO cute and sweet. I did get to eat some In & Out Burger for lunch on Friday but we have them up here in northern California too so it's not such a big deal. Their food is delicious though. yum!