Friday, July 1, 2011

July Guest Designer

I am soooo very excited to announce July's Guest Designer...
Tenny Kusuma


Here is a little bit about Tenny

Where are you from?
I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, with my husband of 5 years {his name is Leo} and 2 very active children {Dustin, 4 years old and Phoebe, 2 years old}. Originally, I was born and raised in Indonesia. I came to the US about 11 years ago for College. 

Can you share just one of God's everyday miracles in your life?I'm so blessed to be able to stay at home with my children and take care of them. I'm able to see them grow and enjoy their lives everyday.

When did you start scrapbooking and what brought you into it?
When I was in College, I visited a friend in Michigan who happened to be a Creative Memory Consultant. She showed me her photo albums with lots of beautiful pages that she made. I was in love with Scrapbooking at the point. However, being a College student, I didn't have extra allowance for that hobby {or even to start it}. So, when I left College in 2005, I started Scrapbooking. It's on and off for awhile. After the birth of my second child, I've been Scrapbooking more. I enjoy it so much...It's my therapy.   

What is your favorite thing about this craft?
Making new friends with other Crafters and learn a lot of new things from them.  

What 3 items do you reach for most often?
1. 3D Adhesives {I HAVE to have them}
2. Stamps
3. Rhinestones 
What is your favorite paper manufacturer?
I have a few, but on top of the list will be My Minds Eye, Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park, and Sassafras Lass

What is your favorite bible verse?
Philippians 1:6 {NIV} being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Is there someone in your family you think is following you creatively?
Hhmm, this is hard to answer..my children are still too young. However, I let them both crafting with me. My daughter's very interesting with scissors these days...and I hope that she'll follow my path. 
I got these crafty genes from my mom, and I hope my daughter has them too.

Besides scrapbooking, what do you enjoy doing?
My husband and I enjoy traveling a lot. I also love to read.  

What are some goals you have for yourself?
At the beginning of this year, I made some crafty goals. I've been inspired by other scrappers/crafters, so I want to do the same. 
Here's some: Being published, Being on a DT, Meet {at least} one scrappy {cyber} friend face to face, and go to CHA in Chicago. The first two goals have been met. So, I'm working on the last two. 

What are 3 things you would like to do someday?
1. Start my own Scrapbooking business
2. Travel around Europe
3. Write a book

What is one silly fact about you?
Although I have a table that I can use to scrap, I love to scrap on the floor. 
I love laying everything on the floor and making a mess. It's the fun of scrapping.

Who are some people who inspire you?
First and foremost are my two children. 
Second will be other scrappers and crafters. I learn a lot from other people. 

Do you have a blog? 
Yes, It's called Tenny's Craft Life

Here are a couple of Tenny's beautiful creations

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

Nice meeting you, Tenny! Welcome to being July's Guest Designer!

Your work is beautiful!! I love all the details you add to your pages and all the dimension too. Your children look like they're very active, which would give you plenty of opportunity for great photos. lol You must have so much fun scrapping photos of them!

Kline said...

Tenny, this is just fab! I;m really happy someone I know is guest designing here at SEM! :D Looking forward to seeing more ^_^

Lisa H said...

Glad you're joining us here for July! Your work is lovely; I especially like the watercolor background on your garden layout. Can't wait to see more!

Roulien said...

Welcome to SEM as GD for July, Tenny!! We know you will have a great time! Your layout, and children, are beautiful!! I can't wait to see more from you!!!

Annika said...

Beautiful layouts! I totally love the first one!