Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspiration Challenge

Hello, Lisa here. I was struck by the color scheme on this magazine cover and I knew I wanted to use it in a layout.

As I was searching through my stash, I came across the perfect paper for it (an oldie but goodie Basic Grey pattern). Once I latched onto the paper, all the details fell into place.



I invite you to use the same magazine cover for your own inspiration. Share with us what you come up with!

UPDATE!!!! There is now a chance to win a prize if you participate in this mini challenge. Hurray for prizes! You can win a bundle of 3 ribbons from Paper Loves Glue. (You want this ribbon, it is so cool!) Link up your creation below by midnight PST on Aug. 1st.


6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh how totally cute!! I think I just might have some of that paper left in my stash.

Jeannine said...

Aww, how cute, Lisa! I've wanted to do a page similar to that for Bethany because her Bethisms (as we've been calling them too) are quite different from the average child. LOL Really cute page, Lisa!

Elizabeth said...

Those are really great colors together! I love what you did with your layout as well!
e.

Sherri said...

I had insomnia last night, and got up to create this layout. As it turns out the colour scheme I had in mind is almost exactly the same as this. I think the magazine may be more blue, but purple worked better for my photo :)

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

Great idea for inspiration! And the colors are what first caught my eye! Hope I get to participate!

Roberta @ The Papercrafting League
http://thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com

Lisa H said...

Hello everyone, Lisa here, you have until midnight (PST) tonight to post a layout and be eligible for the prize!