Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Capturing Everyday Miracles

When I was first asked to be on the DT here at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, I knew that my biggest challenge would be the task of taking pictures to use to scrap the everyday miracles in my life. I knew nature would play a big part in the photos (as this is often when God displays His glory) and I find it fun to be "on the alert" for these photo ops.

One such opportunity occured last week at the beach, where my kids take swimming lessons. My friend's daughter ran up to us with a treasure to share: a heart shaped rock she found in the sand. I was so happy that I'd brought my camera to the beach that day! I immediately asked if I could take a picture of her holding it.

This is the first shot I got:


I was a little disappointed with the fact that it didn't look as much like a heart. So after she ran off to keep playing, I asked Susan to hold it up for me.


Then I decided to make a layout with the photo and titled it Reminders of His Love.


I don't think I often get symbolic or artsy with my layouts, but for some reason, I did with this one.... and it was fun! I layered some kraft letters (that I cut with my Quickutz Classic alphabet dies and my Cuttlebug) over the kraft cardstock, because I think that sometimes these reminders are hard to see (or easy to miss) if we're not looking for them. I stitched the patterned paper squares like a quilt because I think that our faith is made up of smaller elements like this, collected together.

Here are a few close-up shots:


And one with the tag pulled out of the pocket:


Are you capturing any everyday miracles with your camera? If so, I'd love to see them!

5 comments:

Regan said...

Gorgeous! I love this idea, the title, the journaling... the layout is just beautiful! Wonderful work!

JLP said...

Really love this layout! Thank you for the inspiration!

Trina said...

This layout is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

angie gutshall said...

Love the details in the layout! Great page!

Elizabeth said...

Leigh I love this layout and the calm, peacefulness I get from it. What an experience of God's love!
e.