Friday, June 10, 2011

Praise You In The Storm


Hey everyone Elizabeth and it's Friday!!! I know for one I am VERY thankful that it is. I am ready for the weekend to say the least! I sure hope that you are too!

Today's post is about praising in the storm. You know those type of things that happen in  your life you are not too sure of because of how stormy they might be? Or seeing the praise through the storm?  Well that's what my post is about today. First let me give ya a lil' story!

My job is a really fun job. I work at Starbucks as a foreman and I couldn't ask for a more rewarding job! However recently there are some things going on at work that have been causing me to step back. What I mean by that HUGE changes are coming so it has forced my hand into some choices that have me scared and worried too. But because of this, I realized just yesterday that I should be praising in the storm! With the changes happening at my job I may have to leave my job. While this isn't earth shattering news or will break our household, the income was nice and it is hard to leave. But its literally forced Dayv's and my hand to make some different decisions. Which is where the praise part comes in!!!

You see I have gone to college. In fact, I have 2 degrees sitting there. One I just need to finish student teaching, not going to happen. The other one is about 1/2 of a year away from a psychology degree, not happening there either. I don't want to do either or. I never did {that's a different story for a different day}. So when these sudden changes came about, I had some choices and decisions to make. Dayv and I began texting one another and by the end of our conversation we both decided I would quit my job and go back to school full time. The only things in my life I've ever really wanted to do was be a secretary or a dentist.

So with these changes and a storm, going back to school is the perfect thing to of happened! I did some research, applied for the community college here {I'm going there for my pre-major studies in dental hygiene}, and got some financial aid.


please click down below to turn off sound for the blog music if you wish to listen to this video!
Casting Crowns Live singing "Praise you in the storm"

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
   where does my help come from?
 My help comes from the LORD,
   the Maker of heaven and earth.

  He will not let your foot slip—
   he who watches over you will not slumber; 

Psalm 121:1-3 

While my job still hangs in limbo at this point and I am unsure of why the stuff that is happening is happening, I realize that I can leap off the cliff because no matter what I chose to do I know that if its meant to be it will happen. I also know that the Lord is there with me every step of the way. All I know at this point is that I plan to start school in the fall, whether I have a job or not. I really believe had this hiccup at my job not happened and forced me to seriously rethink and evaluate my life, I would have never left and followed one of my dreams and desires!!!!

So my praise is in that through strife and unwelcome change comes victory and newness if we only allow ourselves to find the praise in all things! I couldn't be more excited and scared as I branch out and go down this path!!!

So that my friends in itself going through the storm and being able to look back after I've been through it and seeing the praises no matter how hard it was to see!!

You know what I want you to do? Share with me is going on in your lives!!! I truly want to experience and share in that right along side of you!!!
e.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

This is such cool news, Elizabeth! Lots to add to your already full plate, but I'm sure you'll do great! This is such great advice (& often hard to do)-- to praise Him in the storm. I'm so glad this is the choice you're making! TFS!

Roulien said...

Thanks for sharing this inspiring piece of your life with us! It's so easy to forget that God uses the storms in our lives to help us grow in our faith! Thank you for reminding us!! Good luck with this new path your taking!!

Lisa H said...

I know about those storms! It is hard to praise Him in those times. I don't think I'm very good at that yet. Thank you for sharing your story Elizabeth.