Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My "not-so-everyday" Miracles!

Good morning, Ladies . . . Roulien here with today's Capturing Everday Miracles!

First I would like to share a few picture/layouts that our readers shared with us about the little blessings in their lives this week!

Leila shared this beautiful layout with us! Seeing this sight and being there gives her a moment of peace and a chance to reflect on life.

















What a beautiful picture!! It really does portrait a feeling of peace and calm that reaches one's soul!!


Carla also shared a stunning layout about a favorite place she likes to visit! Here is Carla's wonderful layout and what she has to say about it!





















"This is Aclimação Park! It's a sweet place, full of birds and a pleasant environment! It's a good place to go to calm down, and see the power of God, the creator of everything!"

Thank you Ladies for sharing your special places with us!!!


Now for the little miracles I've captured throught my camera lens this week . . . and I'm sooooo excited to share them with you! My hubby and I was very fortunate to go on a "run-away" vacation last week. By "run-away" I mean, just the 2 of us, no children . . . and it was pure bliss!! We went to one of the little Islands that make up the Maldives. The Maldives consist of about 1,190 coral islands formed around 26 natural ring-like atolls, spread over 90,000 square kilometers. And it's GORGEOUS!!!

The first look of the Maldives we had was from the airplane window.

















Isn't it a stunning view?? Seeing these coral islands for miles and miles across the ocean has really made me feel small and humble!


On the island you'll find the most beautiful flowers in gorgeous colours against the green backdrop of all the plants. It reminded me that God not only provided us with a planet were we could live on, but He made it beautiful for us to enjoy!









Whether we were on land or in the water there were little, and not so little, creatures everywhere! We've seen beautiful birds, and the cutest little hermit crabs, the stingrays took my breath away and the black tip reef sharks filled me with wonder!! Especially seeing the black tip reef shark surrounded by fishes reminded me that God is taking care of all His creation . . . even us humans. We do not need to worry, we just need to put Him in control of our lives!!








One evening the 2 of us walked to the end of the island to see the sunset . . . I really have no words to describe the beauty of it!! As I was looking over the water to were the sun was going down, I thought of how God is there for us everyday. His love for us doesn't change, it's there everyday of our lives . . . we just need to embrace it!!

















It really just showed me that God's little blessings can be found everywhere I go. Whether it's in the dusty desert where I live or on a tropical island. . . We are surrounded by His grace!

I would love for you to share you pictures with us! Show us in what unexpected place did you find a blessing! Please use the Inlinkz button to submit your photo before 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday June 28. I can't wait to see whats happening in your life right now!!!!






5 comments:

CarrieB said...

Those are fantastic photos! Sounds like it was a great 'run-away' holiday! My husband and I are planning a 'road trip run away' vacation in September through the Black hills in the Dakotas. I plan on taking lots of photos then too!!!!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Wow
Fantastic photos, amazing places!!!
I love it all...
xx
tks for sharing my page and for the lovely comment
:)

Jeannine said...

Roulien, all of the pictures are just beautiful but I must say, the photo of the sunset is STUNNING!!!! Wow, you took that yourself?? What a beautiful shot.

Lisa H said...

I want a run away vacation there! =) Beautiful layouts from readers and wonderful photos Roulien.

Elizabeth said...

I love your photos Roulien!
e.