Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Praise Post

Hi there. Leigh here, popping in to post something praiseworthy.

When I saw June 17th as my scheduled praise post, the first thing I thought of was "summer!" You see, I work as a substitute teacher at our local high school and our school year is wrapping up soon. And I LOVE summer! It is by far my favourite season and I love having it off to enjoy with my kids!

However, as obvious as "summer" seemed to me, my next thoughts were to reflect on the past year. It's my second year back at work after staying at home with my kids for years when they were babies/preschoolers and it was a good year-- something for which I'm very thankful.

So, I created this layout, using a photo I staged one day at lunch hour at school (I was too chicken to take the photo when the students were in the room! Ha!)


And here is my journaling:

"It’s been a good year.

This was my second year back substitute teaching for the school division after being home with the kids for many years. The difference this year, however, was that I chose to sub exclusively at the high school.

But it was good.

I had quite a few days and lots of them were pretty pleasant. I had few problems/bad days and only had to break up one fight.

It was good to get to know the students & staff better and I hope that I was an encouragement to them.

Of course, even though it was a good year (& I plan on going back in September) that doesn’t mean that I’m not totally looking forward to having the summer off with my kids.

Just another perk of the job."
(June 2011)

So today, I'm thankful for two things.... for my good school year at work and that summer is just around the corner!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: