Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Capturing Everyday Miracles

Hi Everyone... It is Nicole... I am back from a week in Italy... it was a great vacation.
We went to Rome and an island called Ischia.  It was a great time to spend with my family and my best friend's family.  Rome was interesting but a bit hard for me.  It was really hot and I didnt jive so well with the culture... but it was unreal to be able to see the ancient ruins.... Ischia on the other hand was just super all around... it was beautiful and just so much fun.  Today I want to share some pictures from Rome.  When I first saw the Colosseum  I was in awe but immediately struck with sadness.  It is an amazing structure and you can only imagine how more amazing it was in the days of the Romans.  Here we were excited to see this wonder when all of the sudden it hit me that here we are Christians excited to see this building but how many Christians set foot in the same place with dread knowing they were going to face death for their beliefs.  Not just death but a horrible brutal death as entertainment for the masses.   I couldnt help but cry.... We need to be thankful that we can worship openly, call ourselves Christians, and love our Lord without fearing being fed to lions.  I thank God for those people and there faith.... In the Colosseum they have a memorial set up to honor those Christians that died at the hands of the Romans.  It is a beautiful reminder of our freedom...








If you were wondering like I was I thought they fought on a flat surface what is all that at the bottom that kinda looks like a maze... that maze like area was actually covered by the wooden floor... this area below the wooden floor was used to cage the animals, storage and of course to keep the gladiators and prisoners.

Now it is your turn to share some of your everyday miracles that you caught with your camera... just link them below with inlinkz....
Have a wonderful day!
Nicole



1 comment:

Jeannine said...

While I don't like the history of the Colosseum, I have to admit it is very pretty. I can see why you'd be awestruck! Great pictures, Nicole!