Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Guest Designer for June

I wanted to introduce our Guest Designer for June... Our guest designers will be typically chosen from those who complete the challenges but since we havent had any challenges... I got to pick two awesome ladies for June and July.  So with out further ado... let me introduce Amanda Profumo...



Where are you from?
born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, USA- home of the KY Derby!
Can you share just one of God's everyday miracles in your life?all three of my children! they never cease to amaze me!When did you start scrapbooking and what brought you into it?
i started scrapbooking in college, but it all began when my mom got me some stamps, embossing powder and a heat tool for my 16th birthday. most 16 year olds wanted a car... i wanted crafts! i started making cards and it evolved into scrapbooking, now i do both!
What is your favorite thing about this craft?
i love preserving memories. with 3 kiddos, 3 pets and a busy, active lifestyle, i tend to forget the everyday things- and really, that's what's important. i want my kids to remember the daily things in their life. losing a first tooth, their first soccer game, winner a race, school programs, proud LEGO projects and works of art- that's the good stuff!What 3 items do you reach for most often?
ooo... this is a tough one... i would say: letter stickers, chipboard and kraft paper.What is your favorite paper manufacturer?
at the moment, the girls paperie and october afternoonWhat is your favorite bible verse?
"For nothing is impossible with God" -Luke 1:37Is there someone in your family you think is following you creatively?
definitely my 6 year old daughter, Anna. she is super creative and loves to make stuff!Besides scrapbooking, what do you enjoy doing?
i really enjoy stitching my own felt embellishments, making cards and recently, i have taken up running! i'm also attempting my first perenial garden and a strawberry patch!What are some goals you have for yourself?
at the beginning of the year, i made two goals, or resolutions, for myself. one of them was to start running. so, in january, i began running a little at a time. i just completed my half marathon in april and plan to finish a full marathon in october.
the second goal was to get published- second year in a row! i decided to send in at least two projects a month to submission calls. persistence paid off... my first published project will be in the September issue of CARDS magazine! 
What are 3 things you would like to do someday?
1.) open a super cute craft shop with my mom, complete with paper, ribbon, fabric and embellishments! to suite every crafter!
2.) vacation at Yellowstone National Park with my family
3.) run a marathon (Chicago, October 9, 2011)What is one silly fact about you?
i can't leave the house until all the beds are made.Who are some people who inspire you?
my children are daily inspiration for me, but i love to gain inspiration from all the artist on Etsy. for scrappin' inspiration, i usually go to Pencilines or Ispired Blueprints!Do you have a blog?

yes and i would love for you to visit!
 www.CraftyPaperGirl.blogspot.com

Finally here are a few of her favorite layouts!


4 comments:

Leigh said...

Welcome, Amanda! It was great to read more about you and check out your blog-- your work is lovely!

Lisa H said...

Thank you for being our guest designer Amanda! I love your felt embellishments too.

Elizabeth said...

Hi there Amanda and welcome!!!!! It is great to read more about you and get a glimpse into your life!!!! Your work is awesome!!! Hoping you get to open that shop one day with your mom! :)
e.

Roulien said...

Welcome, Amanda!! I can't wait to see your take on the challenges for June! Your work is beautiful . . . and so are your little ones!! I'm off to check your blog! :D